Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

1/15 - Harry P Leu Garden

Today I went to Harry P Leu Garden. Even though there are a lot flower in bloom but I don't think it's the peak season yet. It has a lot of big trees, giving you the feeling that this place has been here forever. So even though it isn't peak season it's still pretty to look at.

The Leu house is a must see, the tour is very informative, it's better than most of the house tour I had. There are two guides, mine is an elderly gentleman, and knows the place well. The house tour takes about 30 min.

Here are a vegetable garden and citrus trees, all the food grown there will be given to a local food bank, which is a nice gesture.

The garden is smaller than I imagine, though there are a lot to see, like the rose garden, vegetable garden, flower clock, the house museum and the dock. I say it's about a half day attraction.

I'm looking forward to coming here again, when it's in peak season.








0 comments:

Post a Comment