Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

1/11 - Van Fleet Trail


I read about Van Fleet Trail on bike Florida. It's used to be a railroad track now it lost its wooden beam and steel track, and in its place is a long straight asphalt trail.

I think this place is perfect for jogging and biking. the road is wide, long and straight. Flank by swamp it's also lovely to look at.

I went to the trail head at green pond and went north. It's not very far from Disney (about 36 minute). There are many farm around the trail, I saw a lot of cows and horses.

There are mile markers on the center of the trail, so you'll always know how far you gotten.

I know there are alligator in the swamps and I looked very hard for one. They aren't easy to find, but on one of the bridges I found a smallish one, when I got back it's still there!

There are sign forbid vehicle on the trail, but I saw a red pickup truck using the trail, probably as a shortcut. First I thought it was a park management car, but I met one those today, it was a white pickup truck with a logo on the side, and he pull the car to the curb and waited for us to go pass. Though he drive to the curb, the red truck didn't stop or slow down!  There are so many roads and so little trails, I think the driver should let the trail be.

Over all I'm very much looking forward to come here again.






0 comments:

Post a Comment